Keeping you safe!
Effective immediately, this is what we’re doing to keep you and our team safe from Covid-19 (Novel Coronavirus).
UPDATED APRIL 7:
Remote consultations: to minimise your need to leave home and come to the surgery, consultations are available by telephone or easy to use video link. These can be booked online, or by phoning reception.
If you need to come in to be examined, please phone reception to book an in-person appointment. When you come in, strict procedures are in place to maintain your safety. Our receptionist will explain them.
Prescriptions: can be requested in writing in the usual way. All prescriptions must be faxed to the pharmacy, so please nominate which one you use.
Flu vaccines: are available for those who are eligible (see our Flu Clinic page). We are running drive through flu vaccination clinics so you don’t have to leave your car. Phone reception to book a time.
Please do not arrive at the Auckland Family Medical Centre without calling beforehand so you can speak to a Nurse. When you call you will speak to a Nurse who will help you with the following:
- If you need a script, we’ll fax it directly to your pharmacy for you to pick-up
- If you are concerned about your symptoms, we’ll be able to reassure you with the most up-to-date information about what you need to do
- If your situation is not urgent, we’ll tell you what follow-up is needed and by when
- If you need to see a doctor or nurse you will be given an appointment – ideally by video or phone consultation, but if necessary, either in your car or in the rooms
- If you need a work certificate, we will email it to you
- Many other queries can be managed by phone, including ordering blood tests, Xrays etc.
If you’re given an appointment indoors:
You will need to wash your hands when you enter our building.
- Your appointment will be 10 minutes to limit the risk to our medical team and other patients.
- If you have a fever, cough, sore throat or suspect you may have Covid-19, we will assess you in our car park – we apologise in advance if this feels awkward for you.
If you are given an appointment in your car:
- A doctor in full isolation gear will come to your car to consult with you. We have umbrellas in case of rain.
LINK: NZ Government COVID-19 website – this website has all current and up-to-date information about the novel coronavirus in one place.
Please note that telephone and video consultations will be charged by the doctor and can be paid via online banking.
In April we will have three flu clinics weekly, including Saturday morning at times when the practice isn’t as busy so parking will be easier.
We encourage you to follow Ministry of Health guidelines – wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, don’t touch your face and no handshakes, hugs or hongis. If you are unwell, please stay away from work or social gatherings until you have been well for 48 hours.
We understand that you may be feeling a great deal of unease and we want to reassure we’re doing everything we can do so we all stay safe. He waka eke noa. We are all in this waka together.